Terms and Conditions
Man And Van London Light Removals
– Any outstanding payment is to be made to the removal driver directly at the end of the removal using cash or cheque. We accept debit or credit cards via Paypal online (payable to OLTV Ltd) and any overtime is payable to the removal driver in cash or cheque afterwards. Invoicing is by prior arrangement only subject to stipulated requirements. The person who makes the booking accepts responsibility for payment.
– Should the loading/unloading total time exceed the amount which was booked, any extra will be charged PRO RATA (you will only be charged the exact amount of overtime, NOT rounded up to 30 or 60 minutes) at £45 per hour, £60 per hour if using Driver Assistance, and £75 per hour if driver assistance plus an extra loader is used.
– Ensuring adequate parking is the responsibility of the customer. If a penalty charge is unavoidably incurred during the removal service we request immediate payment to your removal driver by the customer. We will always do everything we can (within the law!) to prevent this from happening.
– Our man and van removal service guarantees are offered in good faith. If you are unhappy with your removal service you must tell us immediately and we will offer alternatives (this obviously does not include existential angst, a hangover or ‘because its raining’…). It must be directly related to driver negligence, rudeness, non communication or anything that reasonably constitutes ‘bad service’ during removal. We act as agents for trusted subcontractors and drivers adhere to strict protocols. In the event of dispute between a driver and customer we will mediate and assist until the matter is resolved but are not directly responsible for any claim, damage or alleged discrepancies. Accidents can sometimes occur – if anything is broken we will help arrange repair, replacement or an insurance claim, however this alone does not constitute grounds for dissatisfaction, unless related to the above – the guarantee is for your protection, but we cannot accept frivolous or vexatious claims. We want you to experience a stress free, trustworthy removal service and we will work with all parties toward a swift and amicable resolution should any issues occur.
– We request that customers disclose as much information about the removal load as possible, ie. amount and nature of items, any special parking arrangements, any stairs or tight spaces to be negotiated, items which might need dismantling and so on.
– We reserve the right to refuse to take any removals load we feel is unsuitable or that has not been accurately specified before collection and therefore may affect the removal service of later scheduled clients.
– Any single item must not weight more than 30kg PER MAN lifting it, for Health and Safety stipulations and insurance reasons. If you have a very heavy item for removal please ensure you have enough people to carry it- we reserve the right to refuse transit if potentially dangerous or harmful to the item, our staff or the customer.
– Delicate or fragile items must be adequately packed or protected by the customer- we only carry blankets for general protection while in transit. Insurance rights may be invalidated if the items are not fit for removal and transit.
– Our removal vans are all comprehensively insured for Hire and Reward, plus an additional £10,000 Goods In Transit insurance and £1,000,000 Public Liability insurance. Any damage must be reported and verified immediately with the removal driver who will provide a removal claim form. We can not accept responsibility for any alleged damage after job is complete and payment has been made. In line with the terms of our underwriters, the first £250 (excess charge) of any removal claim is the customers responsibility and will be required in advance to initiate the claim process with our insurance company. Insurance claims can only be validated when an item has been adequately protected, so we always advise to ensure delicate items are protected as we only carry blankets for covering items.
– If you need to cancel but do not inform us at least 12 (twelve) hours before our due removal arrival time, you will be liable to a call out fee of 50% of your removal service cost. Cancellations after this time are liable for the full cost of the booking. Sorry – we have to do this to accurately schedule and protect ourselves.
– Deposits for your man and van removal service can be refunded if cancelled within the stipulations above, subject to a £5 admin deduction.
– If you do not hear from your removal driver via text or phone call the evening before your move, you must contact us immediately either by email or text using the number provided on your removal confirmation email. We have this system in place as a ‘failsafe’ for both your benefit and ours, and cannot accept responsibility for potential removal booking errors if we are not advised well in advance.
– Any outstanding removal invoice unpaid after 7 days will incur interest, calculated daily and backdated to the job date, at 3% above the current stated HSBC interest rate. After 15 days the invoice will incur a further £135 administration surcharge and be passed on to a 3rd party collection agency who will add their own charges and pursue the debt directly without further notice. We will inform you 5 days before this occurs, and after this we will have no further responsibility or involvement in the debt.
– If an additional service such as unscrewing a water fitting, removal of a door etc is requested it must assessed, advised and agreed by the removal driver and a damage waiver signed.
– By making a removal booking with Man And Van London Online Taxi Vans Removals you are accepting the Terms and Conditions of our ‘London Man And Van’ service.